Pages

Portugal

Sunday 15 May 2016


Having recently returned from a holiday in Portugal I've finally got round to writing a blog post on it after a lot of interest, I've decided to split it into two posts this one will include where we stayed, ate etc and the second post will be my holiday outfits lookbook. 


This was our fourth time going on holiday to Portugal all previous times we stayed in Alvor although two years ago we did spend a few nights just outside Albufeira before ending our holiday in Alvor. We love Alvor but just wanted a change of scenery this time so we opted for the above hotel just outside Albufeira called the Salgados Dunas Suites. This hotel is a 5 star hotel but I will add it was our first holiday in nearly two years due to our house move last year so bare this in mind. It was definitely worth the money in terms of luxury and the sea/pool views. 



The views were just beautiful... 




Breakfast/dining area of the hotel...





Our room didn't disappoint either...





This hotel would suit someone looking for luxury, beautiful sea views, close proximity to the beach and a peaceful relaxing holiday. 





As you would have seen on my Instagram I over indulged with the buffet breakfast each morning but it was worth every calorie!! My favourite been the fresh fruit and pastries..




Over eating is all part of a good holiday... 




As for eating out I would recommend the bank restaurant in Albufeira aswell as the Mexican restaurant across the way from the bank restaurant. Also a lovely restaurant outside of Albufeira not far from the hotel was Prima Pasta that's where I got the above dessert the picture doesn't do it justice! I didn't realise how much carbs I ate until I looked back through my photos but again I think we all over indulge on holidays!! 







My favourite meal of the holiday was definitely this Mexican. 






It wouldn't be a sun holiday without a few cocktails..

As the weather changed over the week "we" I mean "I" decided we should give a trip to the Algarve shopping centre which was about €12 each way in a taxi. It's definitely worth a visit if you like Zara, h&m, bershka and mango to name a few. I was really impressed with the Zara and picked up the above blush bag for only €9.99 a bargain in the sale. I also popped into the Sephora which is small but still worth a visit I just picked up two face masks a day and night mask and a lipstick. I've used the day mask one and found it very good I was sorry I didn't pick up some more! I also paid a first ever visit to the make up brand Kiko and loved how organised all the make up was in the shop and how they displayed it plus their prices are so good. I picked up a primer and four lipsticks here which were so reasonably priced. I would recommend a visit here if the weather was anyway dull of a day or you just want a few holiday purchases. 




My holiday read was The girl on the train by Paula Hawkins. I started this book briefly last year but moved house and never finished it so took it on this holiday. I love loughing by the pool either reading or listening to some music. 


Some of my holiday beauty products I took with me. Firstly for any blonde reading this you need the above touch of silver shampoo and conditioner in your life. It was recommended to me by my hairdresser and I love it it gives blonde hair that lovely newly highlighted hair look back when your hair goes dull and brassy looking. I would just say don't over use it I don't use it every time I wash 
my hair just when you think your hair needs it I also got the little treatment shots in the picture and use them as a deep conditioning treatment on my hair every few weeks. I took this Vaseline cocoa 
moisturiser spray its so easy to spray on, soaks in straight away and smells gorgeous. I also took the Vaseline hand and nail cream to keep my hands hydrated. I think every girl takes dry shampoo on holidays in between hair washes although I really should have taken the travel size one! I highly recommend this blistex lip cream for chapped lips I use this most nights and swear by it. It's so cheap but so moisturising on the lips it's one of the best lip creams I've tried As far as I know it doesn't contain spf but it's perfect to put on before bed. And lastly the cocoa brown oil is a must for holidays as you can see from the bottle I've loads left a little really does go along way. I used it to give a slight shimmer to my skin I even used it on my hair one night instead of my hair oil I'm not sure if your meant too but it tamed it so it's worth the purchase. 




It was a lovely relaxing holiday even though the weather was only good for half the holiday we still enjoyed the break. Portugal is such a lovely country and we've loved every visit we've made. From the people, the restaurants, beaches, normally the sunny weather and my favourite thing is the short flight just over two hours you'd hardly travel from Cork to Dublin that quick which is bizarre when you think of it like that! 




The hotel at night... 




One of the sunnier days...





A few minutes walk to the beach along this decking was a plus...



Away from the hustle and bustle the quaint side streets of Albufeira. 


Cheers if you've got this far it was a long post!! To anyone heading to Portugal on holidays I hope you found this post in some way helpful and thanks again for reading. 

Caitriona 
X

























- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -