Pages

My Home

Saturday 16 January 2016


I get asked a lot about my home when I post pictures on Instagram so I thought I would do a post to help anyone starting out as it can be so daunting! We started building in January 2014 and moved in last summer. What can be such an exciting time in your life can also be just as stressful. I would say to anyone looking to build, rent or buy their first home to start saving when your young don't wait until your ready to take that leap as it's such an expensive time. Also no matter how much you prepare, budget etc there is always added costs along the way. 


Overall we tried to go as neutreul as possible with the main parts of the house like the painting, furniture, tiles, wood etc so that hopefully in time it won't date too much and if so small low cost changes can be made to update it. The above picture is my stairs my Dad did it all and even now it's my favourite part of my house, I always loved in films the houses with the stairways with the dark and white contrast and I'm delighted with the final result. 


For my furniture again my Dad updated the above furniture using chalk paint again mostly in neutreul colours. The main neutreul colours used in my house are whites, creams, browns and greys I used accessories to introduce other brighter colours which can be easily changed if needed. 


Again in my bathrooms it's mainly creams and browns I can make any changes with smaller accessories such as towels, plants things like that.


We did use some patterns and designs so rooms wouldn't be too bland but again we didn't go too over the top. 


Without getting too carried away and with cost in mind we did spurge on certain things and tried to have some features and luxury in the house. 


The above picture is a work in progress included in this storage would be my make up and beauty products. I like having everything organised, fresh and bright. 

Overall this is just a snippet of my house we have such a long way to go to get it anywhere near finished it could takes months or even years. I would say to anyone starting out to do your research, budget, save and don't be afraid to shop around I think it's safe to say anyone that follows me knows I love a good bargain or a sale!! It is an expensive and stressful time but also rewarding to know you have worked hard to have your own home. 

Hope you enjoyed reading. 
Caitriona







3 comments:

  1. Can I ask where the second vanity unit is from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi their both from ikea. The dresser is named the "malm" and the taller storage unit is called the "Alex" storage unit. Caitriona

      Delete
    2. Sorry I meant the bathroom vanity with the built in sink X

      Delete

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -